Did you know that the first celebration of what is officially known as Father’s Day was on June 19th, 1910? It was created by a daughter who wanted to honour her father, a Civil War veteran and single parent to 6 children.
Whether you’re an only child or one of six – chances are you’ve likely put your Dad through enough to make him feel like a war veteran! And so, you must think of something spectacular and amazing to make up for the years of insanity you’ve put him through.
This is where Ayoudo, your trusted advisor in all things Father’s Day, can step in and save the day. We put on our thinking cap (it’s really a bird but he’s the brains of the operations) and have come up with some suggestions that we think your Dad will love:
- Enjoy a day on the local links or a delicious pub lunch at the UBC Golf Course.
- Climb to new heights at the new Cliffwalk at the Capilano Suspension Bridge.
- Cock yer guns and enjoy an ol’ fashioned shoot up at the Poco Gun Range.
- Curb your appetite at Vancouver’s newest Steakhouse at Black+Blue by the folks who brought you Glowbal.
- Sip cocktails at hot new watering hole, Reflections in the Rosewood hotel.
- Extend Father’s day to the weekend after and enjoy Family Fishing Day in North Vancouver. Fishing, family, prizes and a salmon BBQ!
- Join the Whitecaps foundation on Grouse Mountain for soccer related activities, autographs and lunch.
- Participate in one of the many Car Free Days Festivals happening around the Lower Mainland with block parties happening in Kits, Commercial Drive, Main Street and the West End .
Wow, that’s a lot of awesomeness to contend with – you’re welcome. And don’t forget, if you need any help planning for Father’s Day you can always put the call out for a trusted helper to the Ayoudo community. Happy planning!